Top Chef was a rerun this week, but I didn’t realize that until after dinner. I tried Ocean’s Delight fish patties that I ordered from Vegan Essentials.
I substituted the vegan fish patties for salmon in a Ron Duprat recipe.
Pan-Seared Vegan Fish Patties with Spinach and Cannelloni Bean Sauté and Citrus Butter
1 package Ecovegan fish patties
4 ounces Chablis
2 ounces almond milk
1 bay leaf
1 lemon, zested and juiced
4 ounces spinach, washed and cleaned
1 small can cannelloni beans
1 clove garlic, minced
2 ounces Earth Balance margarine
Salt and pepper
Fresh herbs (I used basil)
1. For citrus butter, reduce Chablis and almond milk by half with bay leaf and lemon juice. Mount slowly with margarine. Strain and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and add vegan fish patties. Cook according to package, about 3-5 minutes.
3. In another sauté pan with oil, cook spinach, garlic, and cannelloni beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1. Using a ring mold (or a ramekin), pack spinach-bean mixture onto center of plate. Remove mold.
2. Gently place vegan fish patties on top of spinach.
3. Spoon citrus butter sauce over vegan fish patties and plate.
4. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh herbs.