This week’s secret ingredient is chickpeas! I made buffalo chickpea bites to dip into a ranch sauce for the game tonight.
Buffalo Chickpea Bites
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella-style
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup sea salt rice chips, crushed into crumbs
- oil for frying
- Put chickpeas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. You can have some whole chickpeas, but most of them should be mashed so they will mix with the other ingredients. Stir in all the other ingredients, except rice chips.
- Form chickpea mixture into patties (or “fingers” or balls). Roll patties into rice chip crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each patties on each side for a couple minutes until browned. You should also be able to see the cheese melting.
Or you can bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
For the ranch dipping sauce, I just mixed Tofutti better than sour cream with Organicville non-dairy ranch dressing (2:1 ratio).
Less than 3 1/2 hours until the Alabama-Vanderbilt game. Roll Tide Roll!