This was really good! There was only a splash of brandy, but it really takes this peach crisp to the next level. I’m craving seconds.
Natural Vanilla with Sautéed Peaches, Brandy & Crisp
From Eric Wolitzky
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup pecans
- 6 ounces cold Earth Balance or other vegan margarine
- 2 T flour
- 4 peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 2 T Earth Balance
1. Make a crisp by combining oats, brown sugar, pecans, margarine and flour
2. Add to food processor and pulse until a crumb forms.
3. Bake crumb mixture until browned. Let cool and then break into clumps.
1. Cut peaches and sauté in saucepan with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and margarine until soft and caramelized.
2. Add a splash of whiskey or brandy (I used armagnac) and flambé to taste. Let cool slightly.
Layer in a serving dish with soy ice cream and crisp.